- M.S, Entomology/Plant and Soil Science, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- B.A., Environmental Studies, Johnson State College, Johnson, VT
- A.A., Liberal Arts, Unity College, Unity Maine
- Current trends in collection management
- Documentation of collection guidelines and procedures
- Current trends in import/export permits and shipping regulations
- Advocacy of collections through digital, visual, and social media
- Lepidoptera biodiversity and natural history
- Biodiversity inventory and analysis
Field Work and Museum Studies
- Field survey and specimen collection in China, Taiwan, and USA (Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, Florida, and Arizona).
- Collection Manager, Bishop Museum, Honolulu, Hawaii (2014-present)
- Head of Zoology Collection, Field Museum, Chicago, Illinois (2014)
- Collection Manager, Field Museum, (2011-2014)
- Assistant Collection Manager, Field Museum, (2004-2011)
- Collection Assistant, Field Museum, (2002-2004)
- Taxonomic Coordinator, Frost Entomological Museum, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, 2000-2002
- Research Technologist, Entomology Research Laboratory, University of Vermont, S. Burlington, Vermont, 1989-2000
Macnamara, P., Bates, J. Boone, J. H., and Fitzpatrick, J. H. 2013. The art of migration: birds, insects, and the changing seasons in Chicagoland. University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL.
Gonzáles, J. M., Boone, J. H., Brilmyer, G. M., Lee, D. 2010. The giant butterfly-moths of the Field Museum of Natural History, Chicago, with notes on the Herman Strecker collections (Lepidoptera: Castniidae). SHILAP Revista de Lepidopterología, 398 (152): 1-25.
Boone, J. H., Gonzáles, J. M., Brilmyer, G. M., Lee, D. 2010. Computerization of the Field Museum of Natural History Giant butterfly moth collection (Castniidae). News of the Lepidopterists’ Society, 52 (2): 72-73.
Boone, J. H., Brilmyer, G. M., Kippenhan, M. 2008. Computerization of the Field Museum of Natural History tiger beetle collection. Cicindela. 40 (4): 69-70.
Macnamara, P., Bates, J. and Boone, J. H. 2008. Architecture by birds and insects: a natural art. University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL.
Boone, J. H., Mahan, C. G., and Kim, K. C. 2005. Biodiversity inventory: approaches, analysis, and synthesis. Technical Report NPS/NER/NRTR--2005/015. National Park Service. Philadelphia, PA.
Macnamara, P., Boone, J. H., et. al. 2005. Illinois insects and spiders. University of Chicago Press in association with the Field Museum, Chicago, IL.
Mahan, C. G., Boone, J. H., Kim, K. C., Sullivan, K. and Byers, R. November 2004. Biodiversity Associated with Eastern Hemlock Forests: Assessment and Classification of Invertebrate Biodiversity within Shenandoah National Park. Technical Report NPS/NER/NRTR--2004/001. National Park Service. Philadelphia, PA.
This page last revised 4 September 2014