Hawaii Biological Survey Staff
- Ph.D. in Biology, University of Michigan.
- B.S. in Biology, University of Toledo.
- Papuan Herpetofauna
- Evolution and conservation of insular faunas, especially reptiles,
amphibians, and land snails.
- Evolution and biogeography of the Papuan herpetofauna.
- Patterns and processes of species invasions, especially for
reptiles, amphibians, and plants.
- Evolution of advanced snakes, including determination of phylogenetic
relationships based on DNA sequences and morphological characters, and
evolution of behavioral and morphological attributes.
Field Work and Museum Studies
- Survey and field research in Borneo, Brazil, Ecuador, Guam,
Lesser Antilles, Palau, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Hawaii,
all parts of the co-terminous United States primarily involving collection
of reptiles, amphibians, and/or land snails for systematic/phylogenetic
research. Museum research in Hawaii and mainland USA.
- Vertebrate Zoologist, Bishop Museum (2001-present)
- Alien Species Coordinator, Hawaii Div. of Forestry and Wildlife
- Research Associate, Dept. of Biology, University of Michigan
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Dept. of Zoology, University
of Florida (1988-1990)
- Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Biology, University of Michigan
(1980-81, 1984, 1986)
- Research Assistant, Dept. of Biology, University of Michigan
- Field Biologist, Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources (1980)
Kraus, F., and A. Allison. 2001. A review of the endemic New Guinea
microhylid frog genus Choerophryne. Herpetologica 57: 214-232.
Allison, A., and F. Kraus. 2001. A new species of Platymantis
(Anura: Ranidae) from the island of New Ireland. Copeia 2001:
Loope, L.L., F.G. Howarth, F. Kraus, and T.K. Pratt. 2001. Newly emergent
and future threats of alien species to Pacific birds and ecosystems. Studies
in Avian Biology 22: 291-304.
Kraus, F., and A. Allison. 2000. Two new species of Cophixalus
from New Guinea. J. Herpetology 34: 535-541.
Allison, A., and F. Kraus. 2000. A new species of frog of the genus
Xenorhina (Anura: Microhylidae) from the north coast ranges of Papua
New Guinea. Herpetologica 56: 285-294.
Kraus, F., E.W. Campbell, A. Allison, and T. Pratt. 1999. Eleutherodactylus
frog introductions to Hawaii. Herpetol. Rev. 30: 21-25.
This page last revised 8 August 2007