- Ph.D., Botany, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- M.S./B.A., Botany, University of Hawaii-Manoa
- Taxonomy, ecology and phytogeography of Pacific coral reef benthic algae and seagrasses
- Food preferences of herbivorous coral reef fishes and invertebrates
Field Work and Museum Studies
- Field work in Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia,
Marshall Islands, Hawaiian Islands, Johnston Atoll, New Caledonia, Okinawa, Costa Rica and Belize
- Initiated and maintained algal and seagrass Herbarium at University of Guam Marine Laboratory
- Research Associate, Bishop Museum, Honolulu, Hawai‘i (2004-present)
- Professor Emeritus of Marine Biology, University of Guam, Mangilao, Guam (1990-Present)
- Chief, Environmental Services, Duenas & Associates, Inc. [Engineering/Environmental] (1990-2000)
- Foreign Visiting Researcher funded by Japan Ministry of Education, Science and Culture, Sesoko
Marine Science Center, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan, January 5-March 31, 1990
- Instructor to Professor, Marine Laboratory, University of Guam, Mangilao, Guam, includes
administrative positions as Director of Marine Laboratory, Dean of Graduate School & Research,
Academic Vice Present and Acting/Interim President (1967-89, 2000-01)
Tsuda, R.T. 2014. Bibliographic catalogue of the marine benthic algae in the Papahänaumokuäkea Marine National Monument (Northwestern Hawaiian Islands). Phytotaxa 167(1): 35–60. (Published online: 5 May 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.11646/phytotaxa.167.1.2).
Tsuda, R.T. 2014. Endemism of marine algae in the Hawaiian Islands. In Evenhuis, N.L., Records of the Hawaii Biological Survey for 2013. Bishop Museum Occasional Papers 115: 23–27. (Published online 27 March 2014, http://hbs.bishopmuseum.org/pubs-online/bmop.html).
Tsuda, R.T. & Walsh, S.K. 2013. Bibliographic checklist of the marine benthic algae of Central Polynesia in the Pacific Ocean (excluding Hawai‘i and French Polynesia). Micronesica 2013-02: 1-91.
(Published online 2 April 2013, www.uog.edu/up/micronesica/2013).
Tsuda, R.T. 2013. Eastern range extension of Hormophysa cuneiformis (Phaeophyceae: Fucales) in Micronesia. Marine Biodiversity Records 6: e17(doi:10.1017/S1755267212001273).
Tsuda, R.T., Fisher, J.R., & Vroom, P.S. 2012. Floristic account of the marine benthic algae from Jarvis Island and Kingman Reef, Line Islands, Central Pacific. Micronesica 43(1): 14–50.
Tsuda, R.T., Vroom, P.S. & Page-Albins, K.N. 2012. New marine algal records from the Polynesia-Micronesia region of the Pacific Ocean. Marine Biodiversity Records 5: e18 (doi:10.1017/S1755267212000024).
Tsuda, R.T., Fisher, J.R., & Vroom, P.S.. 2011. First records of marine benthic algae from Swains
Island, American Samoa. Cryptogamie Algologie 32: 271–291.
Tsuda, R.T., Abbott, I.A., Vroom, P.S., & Fisher, J.R. 2010. Marine benthic algae of Johnston Atoll:
New species records, spatial distribution and taxonomic affinities with neighboring islands. Pacific Science
Tsuda, R.T., Fisher, J.R., Vroom, P.S., & Abbott, I.A. 2010. New records of subtidal benthic marine
algae from Wake Atoll, Central Pacific. Botanica Marina 53: 19-29.
Tsuda, R.T., Vroom, P.S., Abbott, I.A., Fisher, J.R., & Foster, K.B. 2008. Additional marine benthic
algae from Howland and Baker Islands, Central Pacific. Pacific Science 62: 271-290.
This page last revised January 2014